Purchase adult ducks online?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1stepcloser, Oct 16, 2009.

1. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    I know you can buy eggs and ducklings online but is there anywhere to purchase an adult duck out there? Marty is one lonely guy. TIA!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    wish you were closer...I have lots of girls and would be happy to provide a babe for your drake...I an in N Fl on I 75 if you do road trips...

3. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    [​IMG] You're killing me.

4. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    i think Mc Murray's sells adults.. i was looking for some girls for my boys too.. lol.. i think there's a min of 10 from them though... ??

*edit* i just checked and it's juveniles.. i think i was looking at the ducklings when i was looking.. i'm confusing myself.. it's past my bed time.. lol.. but check them out..

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Holderreads sells adults in the fall

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Have you checked your local Craig's List or a local poultry auction? I found my ducks through CL.

7. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, check Craigslist. This would be a good time of year to find juvies or adults listed for sale or even free to good homes. Many will be thinning out their flocks for the winter. Just remember, shipping an adult Scovy is probably going to be pretty expensive so if you can find someone close where you can do a pickup or meet halfway deal you can save some $'s.

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I got my first three ducks for free in December.

9. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    I have been checking Craigslist every day. No ducks to speak off...there are a few people selling ducklings 3 hours away but that's about it.

ETA: Hold the phone! I just checked Craigslist for the umpteenth time and someone posted last night. Pekin and flightless (?) mallards for sale $10 each. Which one do I want?

10. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Those "flightless" mallards may be Rowans.

If you cross female Pekins w/your Scovy drake you will get the popular "mule" that they use for meat ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by