Purchased a Horse Trailer!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jan 29, 2011.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hey all...don't really know if this one goes here or not but since it's regarding location AND animal...

Is there anyone around the Neosho, MO area that would be willing to look at a trailer (that knows something about trailers)? There's a trailer that I think would be PERFECT for Max and I (negating the non-working lights which can be fixed).

I don't have a truck ready to go yet, but would have one ready to go if it's in usable shape. It looks to be so from the pics, but don't again, I'm not saavy on trailers or at least, don't know enough to not get into trouble.

It'll be nearly a 2 hour drive for me to go and look, which is NOT that huge of a deal, but I'd hate to get up there and see this broken-down thing that nobody can use.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

give ya a bump RoPo.

For me, checking the floor is a huge deal. Pull the mats OUT - yes a major pain but so much can be consealed under them. Make sure all the wood is good and the fame holding the floor is not rusy. Plan on having the wheel baring packed (or do it yourself (BF) if you can - I mean you can but it is messy). You might want to measure the trailer also, some seem so tiny to me - which would be fine for my smaller Arabians but my Mustang who is large for a stang would not like a bitty trailer.

How does it look in the pictures - dirty like they used it and did not clean it (cannot count the amount of trailers I have seen like that) or clean like they use it and clean right away?

Offer very low if there are problems and when they balk, then list the problems that need fixing. Do not be afraid to drive away - I know you have invested the drive time, but stand firm.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Actually....I just purchased one! Was NOT the one in Neosho. OMG. That thing just needs to be burned.

Got this little puppy for $400 more than I wanted to pay but it's in such good shape that I knew it was being sold for a steal at the price I'd talked them down from. (Were wanting $1450, sold for $900 cash!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was going to take pics of the inside but couldn't get a good angle. The inside is AMAZING. Flooring is beautiful!

Whatcha think?

Thank you for the bump-up!

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I think it looks FANTASTIC! [​IMG]

And GOOD FOR YOU - getting deal [​IMG]

How does Max like it? Some horses could careless what they are hauled around in and some are picky.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    That reminds me of an old horse trailer I once had, it was solid built even it has feeder bin rust on the front.

Great job!

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Looks nice, now I can stop looking at craigslist trailers. I know i wasn't in the area you stated but I have been watching for you.

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Looks nice....but I would get some paint on it real soon.

My husband paints but we are too far away.

8. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Good trailer for light use.

Congrats!

Now you just need to get a few personalized stickers to put on it! [​IMG]

9. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    And oddly enough it seems to match your truck. THAT is a deal for 900!!
    I will have to get pics of my two.. one needs to be repaired, its axle is a little bent, its also an 18 ft stock trailer, I traded away a WONDERFUL 2 horse straight load for..

My "new" one is one I got for 200.00 is a 50 yr old 2 horse straight load. in great shape from AZ. It does need a little bit of work, but not anything I can't do myself.

Congrats!

10. reliant601

reliant601 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2010
    New Jersey
    Nice trailer. All I see is a little bit of surface rust which you can fix that no biggy. [​IMG] I really need to find a trailer myself...no luck though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by