1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Purchased as an Olive Egger - I figured Cream Legbar/Splash Marans X

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aannggiiee, Feb 11, 2017.

1. aannggiiee

aannggiiee New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    But she lays eggs that are the exact same color as my australorp eggs. I'm dying to know what's in her. I still think there's some splash Marans, but those yellow legs light brown eggs are throwing me off.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

While I don't know what is in her, I do what isn't.

I don't think she has any Marans. Marans have white skin, which is dominant. This bird has bright yellow legs.

I don't think she has any Legbar. Or if so, it's a few generations back. She has no barring, her body shape is pretty rounded, and no crest to speak of.

Where did you purchase her from? And what country are you in?

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Have no idea what she is except beautiful. See you have a corgi - they are getting very popular out here.

1 person likes this.
  4. aannggiiee

aannggiiee New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    Thanks! I'm in the US and bought her from someone that was breeding OEs locally. I think they made a mistake along the way. No matter, she's producing lots of eggs and my buyers won't care if they're brown or green. Her combination of features along with her egg color has really thrown me for a loop. The corgi - yes, I have a few that I show in the conformation ring [​IMG] They are so much fun.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Looks like a pretty crossbred to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by