Purchased Coops

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
I'm looking to purchase a coop for 8-10 chickens, it does not need a run. I need something quick so I cannot build it myself. Does anyone recommend any specific companies? If you have any pictures of your purchased coops that would be great as well.

Thanks!

RobinZ

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
I purchased mine built, I am pleased with it, but have to admit I want more chickens and will probably build the next one. (Or I should say, Hubby will build it)

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
I think I've looked at the exact coop you have. Where did you order it from? Your pictures are beautiful! How many hens do you have in the coop?

RobinZ

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Quote:
I bought it from a local Garden Center, but I think it was built in Amish Country, Lancaster, PA. We had 10 hens but sadly lost one in the fall. The 9 hens did well over winter. The coop is 4x6.

CrazyFowlFreak

Pine Hill Farm
11 Years
Apr 24, 2009
WV
I have this and it is awesome. I highly recommend it.
smile.png

http://www.horizonstructures.com/coop.asp

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
Do you know if you can take it apart? I'll have to build it inside my run. If I ever move I'd need to break it down to get it out.

RobinZ

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Quote:
I wouldn't know how you could take it apart, you maybe able to take the legs off but otherwise it's built solid. But, I don't know much about building stuff. It was moved in on a flat bed with a fork lift. They do make wheels for them so they can be moved around.

san415

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
I have not received mine yet, I want them to ship the week of April 12th since I am on vacation, but I ordered it from sunset barns. I am so happy with all contact with Butch, the one who seems to answer the phone. I think he is the owner. The one I ordered is the 4'x8' one. I live in michigan and it is costing me 550 to have it delivered. It will come already built, not a kit. And Butch said he could make any changes I needed. I asked him to make sure the pop door was high enough to keep the bedding in the coop.

I am so excited, I can't wait till it gets here. I think that 4x8 will be big enough for me for a long while. I was worried about the 4x6 ones being to small, also I wanted one I could walk into.

www.sunsetbarns.com/chicken_coops.html

Sandra

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
I've been talking to Horizon Structures and them claim you can take it apart. I would be buying the Kit and assembling it so maybe that make it easier to break down if we ever move.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom