PURE Ameraucana Contest- WINNERS ANNOUNCED PAGE 5

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by PepsNick, Jan 22, 2011.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Hi everyone. I thought that it would be fun to have a contest for pure Ameraucanas only, no EE's. That means Blue, Black, Splash, Wheaten, LAVENDER, Blue Wheaten, Buff, White, Brown red and Silver Ameraucanas. Contests ends Feb 10th.

Rules/Guidelines
    The guidelines are to please post the bird's name, age, color and sex. And of course, a picture. LOL. Also, there is NO judging other people's birds, there is one judge. [​IMG]

The prize is only a congratulations in my signature and page, and pics the winners will be posted on my page.

There will be two categories- male and female.

Example... Blue Ameraucana. For the record, this is not my photo, it is from google images.
    [​IMG]

Thank you, and have fun!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You forgot Lavender [​IMG]

Hera, 11 mo. Blue pullet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't get any side profile shots.

3. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:I realized that last night, but didn't edit the post in time before I fell asleep. [​IMG]

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Fern ~ 9 month old Splash pullet (pictures were taken at about 6 months old)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dusty ~ 9 month old Splash cockerel (picture was taken at about 4 months old)
    [​IMG]

This is when he was about 6 months old
    [​IMG]

Fern & Dusty @ about 1 week old
    [​IMG]

5. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    *Removed*

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:That's an Easter Egger, not an Ameraucana.

The trick is, if you can't label your bird with a color automatically and be 100% sure she's that color. . . She's not an Ameraucana. The color of the bird is in most cases a good way of telling EE vs Ameraucana. [​IMG]

7. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    I was told the wrong thing then, the chicks were being sold as ameraucanas from the hatchery...sorry I will remove her.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:She's pretty though, and as long as you like her, that's what matters. [​IMG] I myself have some EE's, too.

Yes, never trust hatcheries or feedstores to sell purebred Ameraucanas or Araucanas. They don't.

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Midnight my Black Ameraucana hen.

[​IMG]

10. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:She's pretty though, and as long as you like her, that's what matters. [​IMG] I myself have some EE's, too.

Yes, never trust hatcheries or feedstores to sell purebred Ameraucanas or Araucanas. They don't.

MPC is selling blue ameraucana hatching eggs though, specifically said in bold ''NOT EE''.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by