Pure Bred Lionhead bunnies FREE- Western PA.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by monarc23, Sep 8, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I took in three purebred double maned show quality bred lionheads. They are of my best friends stock but she feels they are more pet quailty and she needed the room so she was offering them to me, however I can't keep them but I offered to help find them pet homes. I am pretty sure that I found #1 a home, have two more still looking. They do not come with pedigrees,a nd they are FREE. Take both the black and the blue and I'll give you all the rabbit feed I have left. They are shy, but are not mean, I am working with them daily on getting used to being handled without scratching and they are already doing deciently as long as they feel supported theres little problems. They are 5 months old and very cute. Could use as pets, or breeders, 4hers can still show non ped rabbits so these would be great for that however the blue has an old scar on his eye not sure if this will ever disapear but that would omit him from being shown but the remaining black buck would be great. [​IMG] Even opened classers can show him, however he can't be Granded because no pedigree, but he can gain leg winnings. [​IMG] Pet, breeder/show...whatever. Free to good homes! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. spookykim

spookykim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    nothing goes on in ohio. [​IMG]

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:im kinda close to ohio?? LOL!!!! Darn...why can't you live closer! [​IMG]

4. spookykim

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:im kinda close to ohio?? LOL!!!! Darn...why can't you live closer! [​IMG]

lol every cute thing I see is from somewhere else then ohio. I am in NE Ohio and have no clue about pa only drove thru to get to NY. I think it was about an hour and a half drive to get to pa border via 90 east.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    dang im abotu an hour from the ohio boarder and im more in teh southern western part WHYYYY!!!!! [​IMG]

6. spookykim

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    lol thats my luck thats why

7. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dang it I wish I was closer too..But I live in WI...Our girls have a 2 lionhead does. These would be very cute to add to our collection of rabbits.
    I don't want to jump topic here either, but 2 things you posted caught my interest...
    First the part about the scar on the eye not being able to show because of that, and then the not getting grand champion because of no pedigree papers..
    The only reason I ask why that is...is because our daughters showed rabbits at 2 fairs. None have pedigree papers with them. And all placed very well, she actually had 3 rabbits in the "Championship"-got 1st(fancy doe over 1 year) and 2nd(commercial buck 6-8 month) her other was a crossbred buck under 1 year he didn't place in the Championship. But then all the championship winners went into the "Grand Championship" and "Reserve Grand Championship" judging. She ended up winning the "Reserve Grand Championship" with the Commercial buck. He has no papers. She did have a doe that had a scar on her nose. She was able to show her and wasn't docked. (got a 2nd blue) on her. The judge didn't say anything about it because it wasn't a defect from birth or anything like that. There were however a few rabbits that were docked because of missing toenails-which they could tell had never grown-birth defect type of thing.
    Like I said, I don't want to hyjack this topic...I was just curious as to why those things wouldn't make them show quality--
    Back on topic now....
    Again..I wish I was closer...Would love to have them..

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Hey no prob!!! 4h judges are usually awesome and very leaniant on certain things, some judges are nit picky about very little things while others let obvious boo boos go. However, im 24, so is my best friend (who bred these rabbits) so we can only show in Opened class, the judges in there ARE all nit picky for the most part, scars are considered defects and they are DQ'ed from teh competition. It doesnt matter if it'sobvious or not...which is sucky but that's how they insure that 'Only the best of the best breed on" is their way of thinking though they really cannot control taht but they do control what opened class rabbits get granded and they have to be perfect. Sure some judges will miss things, but along teh line somewhere a judge will see something another judge missed. I saw it myself [​IMG] A GrandChampion buck (means he won atleast 3 legs to grand) was being shown again, the judge said "DQ- white fur on tail" the kid faught the judge about it verbally and he goes "can you NOT tell the difference between tort and white!?" and the kid goes "he is a grand champion no other judge has ever said that before abotu him" and the judge goes "well they obviosly over looked it, I however did not" LOL!

I dont know how granding works in 4H however in Opened, to get registered as a GC, a rabbit has to have a pedigree to show it's ancestry before it can be granded and registered. [​IMG]

HMM is that all you asked? OH the eye thing! Maybe in 4H that'd be over looked, but in opened that rabbit would be put infront of the judge for a second then given right back to the person showing it ha ha! with a big DQ on the comment card. [​IMG]

What else what else *thinks* OH I bred my holland doe as a present to my best friend to an expensive show buck. The doe kit produced was AWESOME, however at 4 weeks old she got cuaght up on some wire in the cage and ripped up her back skin. It healed wbut wiht a scar over her shouldesr (she's a black bunnie so the scar stands out very badly) she is now unshowable. Which is a shame...i think even in opened class obvious scars should be ignored not DQ'ed. But i guess it's a way to insure that what looks ilke a scar and really is a defect isn't legged or granded. As ofcourse a judge wouldnt want to see a defect granded. Like split pee pees, or half tails, odd colored etc. [​IMG]

I think i answered your questions im glad to help and ramble ![​IMG] I wish you coudl get em to im sure you'd love em! [​IMG]

9. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my....thanks for the fast reply...That's alot of info...
    I didn't realize things could get that intense when showing. This is our girls 1st year in 4-H so we are still learning lots...I guess we might of just been lucky when they showed...

Again...I wish I was closer though I would love to have those rabbits. The girls were even looking over my shoulder asking if we could get them... They were even trying to figure out which of there females would be the 'girlfriends' for those rabbits... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:ha ha awh!!! it's a bummer!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by