Australops problem

Svata Jurica

Hatching
Apr 22, 2021
Hello,
I have a flock of pure bread Australops and lately I observed a very strange behaviour of them. It looks like they have a health problem. Every time after a feed they shake their heads a make a sound like a hiccup or a short cough. They keep doing it for a while and don't look as vigorous anymore either.
Could you please let me know what is the problem and what to do to fix it?
Thank you in advance.
Svata

Hi,
I've got a pure breed Australops flock and lately I noticed a very strange behaviour of some of them. After every feed they shortly shake their heads and make a sound like a hiccup or cough and they keep repeating it for a while. They also don't look as vigorous as they used to.
Any idea what is the problem and how to fix it?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Svata Jurica

Hello,
I have a flock of pure bread Australops and lately I observed a very strange behaviour of them. It looks like they have a health problem. Every time after a feed they shake their heads a make a sound like a hiccup or a short cough. They keep doing it for a while and don't look as vigorous anymore either.
Could you please let me know what is the problem and what to do to fix it?
Thank you in advance.
Svata
My chickens so this too. It's when they get two much food in their mouth.

Thank you so much for the help. I feed them just three times a day. Shall I feeds them every hour? Very time consuming though, what about feed which is always available?

Thanks a lot for the advice - will follow as suggested.
On another note: I have 2 Australop pure breed 7 months old roosters - one white and the other one black. As usual too many roosters. Any idea how much I can ask if for sale?

what about feed which is always available?
Yes, that's the best way, IMO.
Then they can take turns eating per the pecking order,
and won't gorge and choke when the feed arrives.

Any idea how much I can ask if for sale?
Depends on the market for chickens where you live....and your marketing savvy.
Shop around as see what's out there, put up and ad, start your price higher than you want.

Welcome to BYC! @Svata Jurica
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1619264329332.png

Back
Top Bottom