Pure breed chick variety box- Ameraucanas, Araucanas, FBCM, Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Dec 30, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I am hatching like a mad woman, checking fertility and stocking up for my spring sales.

So I am going to offer some chicks from each of my breeds as a variety pack.

All breeds are penned separately and I am personally very happy with egg color, quality and type of my small flocks. I am happy to show as many pics as you would like to see but for now just go to my BYC page to see them as there are way to many to post [​IMG]

This is a pre order as eggs are in the bator now chicks will ship out express mail not priority just to be on the safe side. If you live in a state close by I will consider shipping them priority for a lower price of $33 shipping but only if you are in NJ, Maine, NY, CT, MD, NH (you get the idea)

There will be 12 chicks in total I will try to do 3 of each breed but can not promise. I will promise that you will get some of all types and that at least 1 of the Araucanas will have tufts.

Chicks can be vaccinated for Mareks for an additional $18 (my cost)

There will be French Black Copper Marans, possibly a blue Copper Marans as well, mine started at a 5 on the egg color chart

Blue and possibly black Ameraucanas (my black roo who I will take a pic of is from pips&peeps and is VERY nice) blue egg color is good and all chicks so far have big muffs and beards

True rumpless Arauacanas So far I am hatching out some mixed colors in these. Fertility has been an issue and I can not promise what color you will get only that they will be rumpless and at least one will have tufts (some hatch out clean faced but I can not help that) I have a few back up chicks with tufts that already hatched so I can promise one with tufts as I will put it in the shipment if the others set to hatch are all clean faced.

Silkies- My choice in color but most likely white, maybe lavender split or even pure lavender or PI depending on how good my next few hatches are

I will post some pics of my chicks later today so that you can see how they are looking. Payment can be check, money order, paypal or whatever you like.

also please review my feedback in the older system as there are a lot more than what is shown above. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. Haleth

Haleth Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    Southern California
    I have some of AHappyChick's chicks and they're beautiful. I've hatched out all of these except for the Araucanas (which are in the incubator right now!) and they are gorgeous little babies. The split lavenders' feathers are coming in beautifully, and all the Silkies are such little fluff balls it's hard to tell how small they really are under all of that. Here are a couple pics of mine, about 1 day old:

[​IMG]
    A mix of everyone--sorry for the bad shot, but it's so hard to get them all together anywhere besides in the box.

[​IMG]
    Split Lavender Silkie (I think)

3. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    what would the shipping be to oklahoma

4. chikmagnet_09

chikmagnet_09 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    Athens, GA
    I have recieved chicks and eggs both from AHappychick...beautiful chicks and GREAT packaging!! The chicks are FBCM and are growing and are looking great. I have the eggs in the incubator and 21 of 24 are developing!! I will get more from her soon !! You won't regret buying this variety box of chicks!! THanks again for the wonderful chicks and eggs!!

5. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Haleth--Your chicks from eggs from AHappyChick are so cuuuute!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:$43

7. cristina33

cristina33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    ma
    HIya Happy How much would shippin be to mass

8. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:depending on where in Mass I might be able to ship the chicks priority for $33 but I have to ask my postal carrier some areas take longer than others.

9. lesterlu

lesterlu Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    maine
    cristina and happychick,

personally, i would scrounge for the extra to ship express. in may, i called ahead to the postmaster and tracked my well marked USPS priority chick box from estes. one corner got crushed and when i went to pick them up, they were in their open box freezing. that was in Portland. lost 5/24. (it was supposed to be express, due to error, went priority.)

dont mean to be a fly in the ointment-just thought you would want a heads up.

btw, these chicks are gorgeous, i may be getting in line this spring when i get some more room!

10. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:Oh I only will ship the chicks priority when the are a day old and if it is really close. They get heat pads and grow gel or shredded apples and starter for the journey. I am literally right by the mail hub and airport so to close places even priority the chicks are only in transit 16 hours as I drop them off at 4:30 on day 1 and they arrive by noon the next day (day 2). I can only do this to certain areas and have with much success, but it is limited. I insist on express most places.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by