Pure Cottage Hills Wheaten Marans question

bigspringshatchery

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Roanoke Alabama
Im talking to a breeder that took over Cottage Hill wheaten marans from Buddy Henry. What would be a decent price to pay for 25 of these eggs? The price he is wanting isn't to much higher than I've seen 12 of a diff line go for on here.

I would verify the origin before paying big money. Check and see if they have a lot of white in wing and tail feathers. Price wise that is something you will have to decide in your own mind. Don

Quote:
They came directly from Buddy Henry. I know that for a fact. There's an article on HPBAA and it's a quote from Buddy when he shut down saying he was turning his birds over to this guy but Buddy was still working with him. I know price is something I gotta work out, was just looking for a general range.

Last edited:
Quote:
They came directly from Buddy Henry. I know that for a fact. There's an article on HPBAA and it's a quote from Buddy when he shut down saying he was turning his birds over to this guy but Buddy was still working with him. I know price is something I gotta work out, was just looking for a general range.

From what I have been told most of the wheaten Marans in the USA carry the Ron Presley Bloodlines. Don

The Cottage Hill line started from Ron Presley. I am friends with both Ron and Buddy and highly recommend their stock. I have some BCM's that come from Cottage Hill and they are very good quality birds and nice dark dark shell color.

Steve

I am interested in buying the darkest producing Black Copper Marans. I have some now that produce maybe a 5-6 egg with dark specks. Where can I buy the darkest producing pullets?
Thanks
Elena Lamberson
Silversmith Egg Farm
Johns Island, SC

Back
Top Bottom