Pure Goldens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BobwhiteQuailLover, Nov 2, 2010.

1. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Does anyone have pure Goldens for sale? I am interested in eggs, chicks, or adults. I will spend $150 on a PURE pair. Also, how can i tell if they are pure? If anyone has some, and are selling them, PLEASE post pics.

Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    very hard to find TRUE PURE goldens any more in the US. If you do $50 wont touch them.
    Most people say theirs are pure, but compared to what. You can get decent goldens for that $40- $50 range, but the term "pure" really doesnt apply to US stock any more on them, 95% or better will have some mutation or amherst traces in them somewhere down their lines

3. BobwhiteQuailLover

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Really? Ok.

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    yep,, same with amherst in the sence of being true to what the original "wild" birds were.
    There are still many out there that look good, and are for the most part correct to the species. But being pure like their wild counterparts 100% of the way, no
    They are like the green peafowl, so many people have crossed them out to other stuff and not kept records, that a pure java in the US is almost a thing of the past. Bad thing is, physically, you can tell a hi % spaulding from a java, imperator, or burmese peacock. Same hold true for the golden and amherst. Imports are the only way to know for sure they are 100% pure. Last pair of imported line goldens I saw (which was years ago) sold for $1500 I believe.

5. BobwhiteQuailLover

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Yeah, my birds have amherst in them............. [​IMG]

6. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Who has GOOD stock to buy from?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by