Pure Planet Poultry Spray for Scaly Leg Mites?

FuzzyOwlFeet

Songster
May 5, 2021
I've never had to deal with scaly leg mites before, but I've recently noticed my chickens' legs look pretty rough. I also bought some BLRW last night and the rooster has it really bad. (He's in quarantine, no where near my other birds, they got it somewhere else)

On hand I have Pure Planet Poultry Spray. It says it kills mites, fleas, ticks, and bed bugs.
The ingredients are Clove Oil, cottonseed oil, glycerin, myristic acid, potassium stearate, potassium oleate, soap, and water.

I also have ivermectin pour-on, but it expired in 2018, so probably not worth even trying at this point.

Would I just coat the chickens' legs and coop in this spray? There really aren't any directions on it. I use sand as bedding.

If you want photos of my chickens legs just let me know.

I've never had to deal with scaly leg mites before, but I've recently noticed my chickens' legs look pretty rough. I also bought some BLRW last night and the rooster has it really bad. (He's in quarantine, no where near my other birds, they got it somewhere else)

On hand I have Pure Planet Poultry Spray. It says it kills mites, fleas, ticks, and bed bugs.
The ingredients are Clove Oil, cottonseed oil, glycerin, myristic acid, potassium stearate, potassium oleate, soap, and water.

I also have ivermectin pour-on, but it expired in 2018, so probably not worth even trying at this point.

Would I just coat the chickens' legs and coop in this spray? There really aren't any directions on it. I use sand as bedding.

If you want photos of my chickens legs just let me know.
The spray is not good enough for scaly leg mites.
Go to the dollar store and buy a tub of petroleum jelly. Slather it on the legs ever other day for a few weeks.

The spray is not good enough for scaly leg mites.
Go to the dollar store and buy a tub of petroleum jelly. Slather it on the legs ever other day for a few weeks.
Okay awesome, thank you! Should I wash the legs off every time before applying a new layer of jelly or just keep layering it?

Back
Top Bottom