1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pure White Ameraucana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HenPenny, Jun 6, 2011.

1. HenPenny

HenPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    I had won several different egg auctions. Out of those i have Barred Rocks, Silkies, Turkens, and Ameraucanas. All I can ID except I have one pure white chicken. Same size body shape and smooth feathers as the Ameraucana . Any ideas? Thanks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Can you poat a pic ?

3. HenPenny

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Sure How do you post pictures?
    [​IMG]

4. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    To post a picture you start your reply, then you go to Uploads at the top of the page. You will get to a screen that says upload image, you browse your computer and choose your image, then you upload it. After it is done uploading you highlight the text in the bottom box copy and paste it in you post. Hopefully this isnt to confusing. Also this only works if you have the pic on your computer. [​IMG]

5. HenPenny

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Thanks I got most of those instructions I just don't get the last part. How you get the pictures in the message.

"After it is done uploading you highlight the text in the bottom box copy and paste it in you post. Hopefully this isnt to confusing. Also this only works if you have the pic on your computer. "

[​IMG]

OK I GOT IT woo hooo!

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    She looks like a rhode island white to me. [​IMG]

7. HenPenny

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Hmmmm I wonder how that happened.? I didn't buy any of those...LOL

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:I could be wrong, but she just doesnt look like an americana to me. She doesn't have any muffs or green legs from what I can tell from the pic's. And she doesn't really look like a leghorn because of her body shape. So, I think she is a Rhode Island White. Here is a link to the Rhode Island White in the breeds index: https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/rhode_island_white/10529

9. HenPenny

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    OH sunny I believe you. I was just being sarcastic. A Rhode Island must have snuck in the coop somewhere. LOL Thanks for your reply and input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by