Pure white easter egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by brandywine, Aug 20, 2008.

1. brandywine

brandywine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    I split an order of chicks from McMurray with a friend. She got some EE's and Australorps, I got three each of EE's (McMurray Ameracaunas), New Hamps, Buff Orps, SL Wyandottes, and Delawares.

They are now six weeks old. A while back I noticed that one of the "Delawares" had no black or gray on her at all -- pure white pullet. Figured, what the heck, hatchery chick, she may get some barring on her neck, or not, I don't expect breed standard here.

Today I looked at her and noticed that she has a tail like my EE's, a slight muff, a thick neck, a rose or pea comb (not sure which), and green legs. She isn't really shaped like a Delaware. And I'd noticed some time ago that she's not friendly like the other two, acts more like the EE's -- standoffish.

So, anyone ever see a pure white easter egger?

(I'll try to get a photo; my good camera has a sticky shutter button, and I can't find the compact camera.)

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It can happen. I've seen a few at the feed store as chicks.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've seen several of them, though I don't see them all too often. They do develop into very nice birds though.

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I have a friend who has some pure white ee's from McMurrays and they lay very large nice blue eggs.

5. brandywine

brandywine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    Okay, I guess that's what I have. She's going to be a beautiful chicken.

Now, I wonder what happened to the other Delaware?

I'll have to call my friend and see if she has a Delaware among her Australorps.

Or maybe it was the one that didn't make it in the mail.

Do the hatcheries ever mix up the breeds?

6. OrchardLnFarms

OrchardLnFarms Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2008
    Bernville, PA
    I have one![​IMG]

7. lacymarie0526

lacymarie0526 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2008
    yes my Marilyn was all white!

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Here is one of mine....she lays the prettiest robins egg blue colored eggs. She is not pure white...but she is pretty!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    I had one. She was EE x white leghorn. She came out pure white with a peacomb and laid beautiful blue/green eggs. Her body statue was more petite than her mom's.

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Easter Eggers, as sold by many of the hatcheries, are from such a genetic "stew" that anything is possible. I had a small flock of them some years back-my kids loved the blue eggs-and I was always amazed at the variety when I hatched a few replacements.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by