1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Purebred Araucana Hen

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Stacykins, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I have one purebred white Araucana hen available. She hatched Spring 2015, and came from the breeder Jamie Watters. Alas, I was supposed to get hatching eggs from the breeder's splash pen, but all birds hatched out start white and never did develop any splashes. I assume there was a mix up with the eggs. Because my focus is blue/black/splash, I don't have a purpose for this pretty (and friendly) little girl.

She is rumpless and cleanfaced. She would need to be paired with a tufted rooster in order to produce tufted and rumpless chicks. She is at point of lay and has been laying (though with winter, all birds have slowed down).

I live near Escanaba, Michigan. I do not travel downstate, so I cannot deliver. You'd have to come get her.

2. sugarstark

sugarstark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Hudson Valley New York
    Oh jeez, she's lovely! Wish I lived closer. Do you have hatching eggs?

3. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Potentially in the spring when my incubators show high fertility I'll have some available hatching eggs. Mating and egg laying definitely ramps up as the weather warms, plus it is a safer to ship eggs without the risk of freezing.

4. sugarstark

sugarstark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Hudson Valley New York
    For a fair price or trade I would love some asap

5. jhopp6

jhopp6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    Algoma, Wisconsin
    Hi, I'm interested in your girl. I have a mixed flock including an Easter Egger. I've been wanting a blue egg layer, but as you know, it's hard to find nice birds in our area. I live near Green Bay, but my family still lives in Menominee. I went to Bay College, I'm quite familiar with Escanaba. I'll be in the area Monday the 4th, possibly the 3rd also. Does that sound feasible? - Jill

6. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Alas I forgot to check BYC until now! I'll send you a PM :D

7. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Sold :D

8. delina

delina Out Of The Brooder