1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Purebred hatching eggs! Marans, Cochins, Sussex, D'anvers, Silkies and more!

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Debs55, Jul 7, 2015.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    [​IMG]A later date is fine for silkies and LF smooth cochins and a few blue or splash marans are fine, and then blue coppers and LF Frizzles in Spring works great. I picked your thread because of the crests I've seen in your posts :) I actually only keep a small group but I sort aggressively for health, hawk smarts and temperament, so I give a lot out to the surrounding families and community to encourage people to keep backyard hen pens. The more the merrier. PM when ready. I'm a very laid back poultry person, not a right now kinda gal any more. C aka Walkswithdog

2. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

about to send you a pm :)

3. Debs55

ok taking orders for September 21st. I am open for Marans, white silkies and most likely Olive eggers. Let me know if you are interested :)

4. Westtisbutyyard

Westtisbutyyard Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2015
    Do you mix ?
    Half Marans and half blue and olive?

5. Debs55

Yes :) just got your pm so I'll get back to you

6. Debs55

@walkswithdog I don't think I ever heard back from you but I wanted to check with you about maybe getting your order shipped out on the 28th so get back with me when you can :)

7. Dooze

Dooze Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2015
    Is it possible to get half a dozen of mix and matching?

8. Debs55

yes it is :) just let me know what you would like

9. Debs55

Just updated the list with who is laying now! All cochins and silkies are now laying :)

10. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop

How big are large fowl Cochins compared with bantam Cochins? I have a banty Cochin and am curious of the size difference.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by