Purebred Lavendar Ameraucanas and black split to Lavendar, Group - Interlochen, MI

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by 1stTimeChikMama, Nov 7, 2014.

1. 1stTimeChikMama

1stTimeChikMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Interlochen, MI
    I have one Purebred Lavendar Ameraucana rooster (very sweet boy), one Purebred Lavendar Ameraucana hen, and 3 Black split to Lavendar Ameraucana hens. The lavendar's are directly out of bloodlines hatched here from eggs shipped from Bargain/the garry farm.

I want them to go in a group. They lay 2-3 times a week. The hens are almost a year old and the rooster is a year and a half old. All eggs that I check when making food, have been fertile.

I hatched out two batches of beautiful chicks to give to family then have not since.

All are healthy and use to free ranging in our fenced in 2 1/2 acres.

I just simply have too many girls for my coop and my daughter wants a few others to be able to show in 4-H. . They know to go back into the coup either by clapping my hands or of course if it starts to get dark. They have free ranged almost every day and are very healthy. They do NOT know to be afraid of dogs or any other animals. In fact I send my rottie out to herd them in if they are at the back of the property. They also come running when I make kissy noises with my lips (it means treats).

2. mistyhollow

mistyhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2013
    Paw Paw, Mi
    [​IMG]

What a wonderful group of birds! I recently hatched six lovely lavender Ameraucana chicks and look forward to raising my own by next year but these are already mature and laying fertile eggs! Joy! My dad lives in Traverse City but I don't schedule many trips up that way during the winter! Do you ever venture south?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. medium

medium New Egg

Nov 25, 2014
    hi do you still have them thanks aileen

4. 1stTimeChikMama

1stTimeChikMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Interlochen, MI
    Yes I do! If you would like additional pictures (of the black split hens too) just let me know what your e-mail is :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by