Purely Poultry Sultans..or any chicks for example

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kickinchicken, Jan 9, 2011.

1. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I was considering purchasing 5 sultan bantams from Purely Poultry. How is their quality for chicks? Can some of you post pics of your chickens that are over 9 months old or after their fist molt? I already have a sultan and wanted to get more. Its such a beautiful breed and they are so sweet and full of character. Thanks!

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Ive not heard anything about Purely Poultry but I do reference their site a lot getting info about different breed of chickens. Just to let you know the Sultans are on the ALBC critical endangered list. Good luck with them.

3. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Well, as someone who doesn't believe in buying a pet unless you see the parents, I am passing on this particular supplier. I sent them an email asking who their breeder was for sultans and if there were pictures available of adults so that I can see the quality of the chickens. I got a shortly worded email stating that they use a hatchery, don't disclose their sources and don't have any pictures available. I'm sure the owner is a nice person but I cannot buy something I can't see. I guess coming from a canine background, I am expecting too much to see the parents. I will keep searching for a quality sultan breeder. Perhaps chickenzoo will get back to me with a reply of an upcoming hatch date for her sultans!

4. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    I wish I had photos of these. I hope you find what you are looking for.

5. Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Tiffrz-N-Kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Aledo, TX
    We are looking for Sultans as well, both Bantams and Large Fowl. Thanks for the PP link. We got some from Ideal last year and they are fluffing up nicely. But, MAN they are NOT hardy! A little heat or wet cold and they drop dead. [​IMG] We learned the hard way, but are setting up heated and cooled runs for the next lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by