Feeding Grandmas Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I planted extra kale so there is plenty to share with the chickens
IMG_0350.JPG

I also planted extra herbs for them

This thread is not locked. 🤷‍♀️

If you are a premium member you should be able to click these three dots to lock and unlock your thread:
Screenshot_20210513-084735.png

This thread is not locked. 🤷‍♀️

If you are a premium member you should be able to click these three dots to lock and unlock your thread:
View attachment 2666867

Thank you, I tried all of that last ?? Monday I asked about it, and then Tues. I was able to make a post, Odd, Hahahahah but thank you so much for the help.

Thank you, I tried all of that last ?? Monday I asked about it, and then Tues. I was able to make a post, Odd, Hahahahah but thank you so much for the help.
I just now saw your message on my profile page, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.

I like to feed the flock pellet's, I feel there is less waist. I originally in 2014 wanted to buy local and organic, so I bought Scratch & Peck feed, at the time they didnt make pellets. After a while I felt there was to much waist so I got the Purina Organic Layer Pellets when they first came out. It is good feed and the hens were getting a consistent, balanced diet.

This year though, Scratch & Peck came out with an Organic Layer Pellet. both feeds are good, but I am now feeding the Scratch & Peck pellets. I like locally made products. I like to know where the ingredients come from.

On the first day/ 24 hours Wed., they got this 2183456.jpg
in their water with honey and the Purina Non-Medicated starter. It dissolves easily and does not need grit. I do this to get their system going. I watch for poop, to make sure everyone is pooping, keep an eye on their hiney for poo build up.

The chicks are 4 days old. Yesterday they got Scratch & Peck Starter feed and some grit. https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/chickcare.html GRIT: Starting the 3rd day sprinkle baby grit on the feed daily as if you were salting your food. Avoid putting too much at any one time as the bird may fill up on it instead of the feed
2002-Starter-10lb-Back.jpg
Brown Leghorns DOB 5-10-21 Red Leghorns & White Orpingtons DOB 5-18-21

IMG_0425.JPG IMG_0523.JPG

I am still keeping an eye on them. Everyone needs to pooping regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom