Purina all life duck food

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
So I have been seeing some of you recommend the purina all life duck food pellets, sounds good but I thought protein should be cut back to about 16 percent around week 4? The purina is 19 percent, my Pekins are already so big they don’t get up and move around as much as the Rouens they can, they just don’t. I understand that like Bees, if you ask 3 bee keepers the same question you will get 4 different answers. But I am soliciting opinions here
BEF03231-AED8-4945-A908-D2C40464D923.png
BEF03231-AED8-4945-A908-D2C40464D923.png

The pekins are bread as meat birds ready to be harvested at 8 weeks. They have higher needs for niacin as they grow so quickly. If yours aren't moving around as much as the other ducklings supplement them as soon as possible with liquid vitamin B complex. Last spring one of my pekins started laying around a lot and eventually developed splay leg - it was hard for her to stand up and move around. I dosed the ducklings liberally with the liquid vitamin B - thanks to advice received here - and also put little hobbles on the duck I was most concerned about, to keep her legs in proper position.

The pekins are bread as meat birds ready to be harvested at 8 weeks. They have higher needs for niacin as they grow so quickly. If yours aren't moving around as much as the other ducklings supplement them as soon as possible with liquid vitamin B complex. Last spring one of my pekins started laying around a lot and eventually developed splay leg - it was hard for her to stand up and move around. I dosed the ducklings liberally with the liquid vitamin B - thanks to advice received here - and also put little hobbles on the duck I was most concerned about, to keep her legs in proper position.
I started 5 ml/day niacin a couple days ago, also 1tbsp /cup of feed nutritional yeast.

Today we tried to watch MASH with them, one at a time, didn’t go real well, lots of noisy, not a lot of laying down, and ended in handfuls of peas all around to make up for the calamity.
If only I could win others over as easily with a handful of peas🤔

So I have been seeing some of you recommend the purina all life duck food pellets, sounds good but I thought protein should be cut back to about 16 percent around week 4? The purina is 19 percent, my Pekins are already so big they don’t get up and move around as much as the Rouens they can, they just don’t. I understand that like Bees, if you ask 3 bee keepers the same question you will get 4 different answers. But I am soliciting opinions hereView attachment 2074371View attachment 2074371

I feed my ducklings 20% up to eight weeks then I switch to 18% All flock feed. Purina All life duck feed would be great.

Back
Top Bottom