1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Purina Coupons

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Stephen in SoKY, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Stephen in SoKY

Stephen in SoKY Chillin' With My Peeps

Anyone else disapointed with Purinas decision to change the coupons in Poultry Press from buy 2 get 1 free to the buy 1 get $5 off the second? I'm a huge fan of Flockraiser, but lacking the old coupon I'll be switching feed due to the increased cost. It's their business, but I hate abandoning my favorite feed.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yes, I was disappointed, but I figure it still comes about the same since they have 50 pound bags and the farm stores have cut theirs to 40 pounds a bag. Plus my girls like Purina better and don't just scoop it out looking for what they like.

3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I thought the same thing, only saveing $5 a month instead of $11 but now I will feed less purina, which is lower in protien than the co-op brand. I will also only go to feed store every other month, but will continue to use the coupons

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, very disappointing. Needless to say we buy a lot of feed here, especially gamebird & breeder rations which are quite costly compared to general layena, so this will put a damper on our feed bill. I won't change feeds tho because it's not good for the birds to be moved from one feed to another. It can interfere with their digestion and absorption of nutrients, so better to live with it for me. I hope they get lots of feedback on it and change it back to what it was.

Jody

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:What is this Poultry Press, I use purina and would like to find the coupons..

6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

thanks! [​IMG]

8. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I got my PP today and yes I couldn't believe it. I don't even know if my feed store carries honor flock. I do know these new coupons are a waste of my time. [​IMG]

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I know we don't have Honor here, but I send my coupons to someone in WA, so you might get lucky with those.

Jody

10. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Search honor for a seller near you, for me its 200+ miles to nearest seller, I to sent mine to someone on here, Texas I think. would like the buy 2 get one back, but $5 off is still better than nothing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by