Purina Mazuri- What the heck?!?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by CityChicker, Jan 23, 2010.

1. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I would love to know what they are smoking at Purina Mazuri. I just saw their newest prices on waterfowl feed and I about fainted. I was really just looking because I wanted to compare their formulation to something else, but they have gone up substantially since the last time I was looking at their website. One, yes ONE, 50 pound bag of their waterfowl feed would be $97 with shipping. Who in the world is going to spend that? I can't imagine even zoos paying that. There is nothing in that formula that should make it that price. Even the fish meal can be purchased retail for a third that. Anyway, no Mazuri for us!

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Wow! Thats expensive! [​IMG]

3. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    [​IMG]

Must think chickens lay money instead of eggs.....

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    If only! [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    LOL yes I think EVERYONE wishes they did!!

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Purina Mazuri is 27.00 the rest of that is trucking/shipping cost...

Chris

7. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I was going to ask how much of that is shipping... A 50# bag of feed is gonna cost at least an arm to ship [​IMG]

8. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Quote:No, my post was about the waterfowl feed. The maintenance is $41.46 and the breeder is $47.43 plus tax and shipping. The shipping was just the other half of what I posted (which I said). Even $42 a bag is beyond ridiculous in my opinion, but to each their own!

Oops...Editing to add- actually the $41.46 is the sinking waterfowl. The regular waterfowl maintenance is $45.75!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  9. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Yes that is high BUT the Mazuri line of feed from Purina is a specialty feed that is used a lot by zoo's.
    Now I will say if you find a dealer near you that the price will be cheaper. Purina like other feed manufacturing co. is going to charge you a more because you are buying only 4 or 5 bags at a time. If you had a vendor's license and was willing to buy a 20 bags at a time you would a lot less...

Chris

10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    wow that must be some feed. I pay an arm and a leg for organic ($27 a bag) but over $40 OMG that is high. I would go broke in month!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by