Purina Mills coop modified somewhat.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jobouss, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jobouss

jobouss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Tupelo, MS
    I sort of started off with the Purina Mills coop, but modified it a bit, (well a lot) I basically used the Purina mills as a guide, but went in a total different direction.
    I am not an experienced carpenter but I am a lady that can handle some power tools and a hammer. I was just flying by the seat of my pants. There are many mistakes, but I keep telling myself it is just a chicken coop. I expanded it to a 4' x 6'. I moved the chicken nest boxes to the back. The pop door to the side. A big access door to the other side. Big ventilation windows on the front and back and little ones on both sides. I am also going to make an access door on the lower front so I can take out the poop tray for cleaning.
    This is the roof.
    [​IMG]

Working on the frame and floor. I used 4" x4" post at the corners.
    [​IMG]

It has been moved to it's proper place.
    [​IMG]

This is my Kitty Catio that I built so my indoor kitties can safely have
    a little outdoor time. They have a kitty door in the laundry room window
    and can go in and out whenever they want. They are going to love watching the chickens.
    [​IMG]

I now have the siding on and need to paint. This is the last photo I took the other day. It stormed all day
    and I didn't get a thing done on it today.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking. I will get a picture posted of the finished coop hopefully in a couple of weeks. "

2. OCpeep

OCpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    Lookin' good! [​IMG] Love the kitty katio too! Give us updates along the way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by