Pushed back a month!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reinbeau, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Got a call today from the local feed and grain where I ordered my chicks - the hatchery has let them know our hatch will be at the beginning of June now, instead of the 6th of May [​IMG] Maybe it's a good thing, it gives us more time to get things ready (hubby went back to work today, [​IMG]) but I was so geared up for next week!

2. hobobrando

hobobrando Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Vermont
    Same thing happened to me [​IMG] . The best solution for the sadness is to look at every local feed store and when you find one with chicks... BUY THEM!!! [​IMG]

3. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    think of it as a blessing of types. This happened to us (kinda). When we first ordered our chicks from a hatchery the week they were going to be here they called that day and said there was a problem with the hatch and that our chicks would be in 3 weeks. Later we found out (on here) that lots of people that got chicks from that hatchery at the same time ours would have came got sick. I think we got lucky. Plus gave us time to get really ready for the chicks. And they have all been healthy. They are now 5 weeks old and out of 25 we only lost 1 and that was the first night.

4. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Sorry you have to wait, you will just love them all the more when they arrive. Besides you will have extra time to get ready for them and then you will have more time to enjoy them when they finally come home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by