1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    one of my baby chicks has poop on its butt but it is not on the part that the poop comes out of it is on his fluffy partor the butt shoud i be worrid

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

You can wash the chicks bum and but vaseline on it's bum. It will help the poo slide off.

3. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    thank you i would hate to loss this one she is so swet and it kills me when i hear her chippng it sounds like she is in a lot of paincan it kill her

4. katrinag

What are you feeding? How old? If the poop can not come out normally in causes a blockage. Inturn causing pain.

5. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    baby chick starter and she is almost 2 weeks old she poops but it taks a lot longer will she die and if it is blockage wath can i do to fix it

6. katrinag

You need to keep her bum clean. You may have to wash her many times. I have yet to have a chick die from it. It usually fixes itself in a coule days.
    How long has this been going on/

7. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    2 days this is the second day

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Your post is a little confusing. In your first post you state that it is NOT blocking the chicks vent: 'not on the part that the poop comes out.' If her vent is not blocked, just having some poo on her rump should not be causing her any problems/pain.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  9. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    she make these weird sounds and she is the only one doing it out of 50 and it takes longer for the poo to come out of her bum

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by