pushy church lady

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by popoton, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popoton

popoton Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    My husband and my daughter go to church every sunday. I dont go. I have other beliefs. My husband and daughter went to a thanksgiving dinner at their church I did not go. I got a call a few minutes ago from a church lady that attends the church. She told me that I need to go to the dinner that the church was having and I should get fixed up and be there by 5pm. I dont think I will be going to eat there. 5 pm will come and go> I will eat super at my home with my adult kids. Now Iam really not going to be going to my husbands church. I dont think I can bite my tongue and chew food at the same time. So More food for the church goers. I dont want to make friends I just want to be left alone. I have enough with my animals , family and Backyard chicken forums.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Yep, there are pushy people in every group.

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    If someone told me to be dressed and attend, I'd say, "you are expected to be at my house in proper attire at 5pm", then hang up. The easiest way to turn me into a stubborn mule is to try to force your demands upon me. That said, the call seems strange to me. Have you spoken with your husband about this? Is there a chance that he stated some kind of disappointment or displeasure with you not attending to others that sparked the call? I would make sure to look into that to ensure my spouse and I are on the same page.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That seems beyond rude to me!

5. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Quote:I would guess pushy lady asked why the wife was not there, any answer he would give would not be enough for a good church lady with a mission....lol

(My mom gets her church lady friends to call me too....)

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    That's strange, I never had that happen to me when I didn't go to church not even from my family members. Did you tell her to mind her own business?

7. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    the idea that your hubby might have said something that was acted on seems worth asking him about... in a gentle way.
    my solution for pushy church people is to be firm, polite, and defer to the wisdom of *their* higher authority... "I appreciate your concern for the health of my soul. however, that's an issue for God and I." if they persist, I simply say, "I'm certain that this is a conversation you should be having with God. It helps to pray for those you worry about."

I don't need to quantify what I think "God" means. and it doesn't harm me any if they pray on my behalf, even if I don't agree with their views.
    Just smile sweetly and ask them to behave by their own rules and act through their own channels. it gives them someplace to put that energy to work, instead of pestering me with it.

anyway, that's what I do. it seems to work.

8. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I would guess pushy lady asked why the wife was not there, any answer he would give would not be enough for a good church lady with a mission....lol

Also very possible. XD​

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I'm the same way... just leave me alone in my little world under my rock... [​IMG]

10. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Maybe hubby has another church buddy and fellow parishioner wanted you to meet her. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by