Put a camera in the coop

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dadsdeercamp, Oct 24, 2011.

1. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    It looks right in the nest boxs so now i now when theres an egg and who laid it I LOVE it anyone else try this?

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I have a game cam on order that I am planning on using in the coop. I would rather have a live web cam. Will you have live video feed from your coop?

3. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I bought a sercurity cam for $35 on ebay and my oldest son used it for a baby moniter so i have live video and sound and one of the girls is singing up a storm right now.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I should do that for the days I feel too lazy to constantly check the boxes for who laid what egg. [​IMG] I always need to differ Wheaten vs Black Copper eggs, and sometimes need to differ Ameraucana vs Araucana eggs, a camera would really help some days.

5. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Well this is the best thing I've seen on my TV in a long time. It might be my new faverate show.

6. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Got an egg!!! I love this.

7. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Chicken TV! [​IMG] I so need to do this and set it up so I can watch during downtime at work. It'd be great! [​IMG]

8. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    GREAT idea!! I am totally doing this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by