put the chick down and step away.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by klf73, Sep 11, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Geez, I am having horrible luck lately. I dropped a box of chicks, luckily only one 1 died [​IMG] . I've whacked my head 3 times (almost out cold one of those times) in the last week. It just seems like I am messing everything up. I am so afraid to carry my 10 month old up/down stairs, severe anxiety. I am usually the most self-confident person. I think it's time for a massage [​IMG] . I have to switch a bunch of chicks to another brooder but am so dreading the process. Anyone else feeling like a klutz?

Krista

2. black404

black404 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Klutz is not the word....

Major, major oldtimers, with cant plan stuff right disease... and does anyone have any time to offer help or even notice that I need help....

All I can do is call my Father...tell him the Honest truth...and wait.

3. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    Oh yeah! It's all the time for me. I played basketball today and tripped 3 times, hurt my knee, and sprained my wrist. So FUN! My PE teacher always keeps an eye on me in the weight room,,,, just in case problems due to lack of attention on my part don't happen............okay, so what if I broke a toe dropping a weight, so what if I popped my hip out of socket playing on the elliptical. I mean really, I THINK I was the only one who got hurt.

4. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Tonight when i was trying to pull my little silkie out of her pen i banged my head on the ceiling and then i banged my elbow on the wall, then i hit my head on the outside roof [​IMG] and earlier today i was walking down the bank to the river (carrying a Roo) and slipped and fell on my butt, y'know looking back...its kind of funny,the rooster was scared but not hurt.

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Maybe you aren't getting enough sleep?

You need five hours uninterrupted, or you will go crazy.

Other thing is maybe too much coffee? [​IMG]

6. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    I stepped on a rock, sprained my ankle, I then walked out my front door, sprained it again, the other one as well, and broke my foot on the door sill.

I've dropped a frozen 2 litter water bottle on my foot and broken it.

I slipped on the ice and whacked my head the day before Easter this year.

I tore my rotator cuff reaching into the back seat of my car. My shoulder froze before I saw the surgeon.

I could go on, but I'm starting to depress myself.... :eek:

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:You hit the nail on the head

I never even thought about it. Dh works weird shifts now and I get nil for sleep. I have 6 kids, a 12 yo that needs to get up at 5:15(dh wakes her up), 2 boys (10 & 7) that get up at 6:30(I get up with them), then I have my 5 yo, 2 yo (with autism, bit of work there) and a 10mo who still wakes up to nurse [​IMG] . Makes perfect sense now

Krista

8. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Quote:You hit the nail on the head

I never even thought about it. Dh works weird shifts now and I get nil for sleep. I have 6 kids, a 12 yo that needs to get up at 5:15(dh wakes her up), 2 boys (10 & 7) that get up at 6:30(I get up with them), then I have my 5 yo, 2 yo (with autism, bit of work there) and a 10mo who still wakes up to nurse [​IMG] . Makes perfect sense now

Krista

Thought so.

Sounded too familiar. And PLEASE trust me, you will go nuts if you don't figure out some way to get a block of five hours, minimum of twice a week.

Might sound impossible, but you have to figure it out or you will totally loose it (been there, not going back, I do not recommend it).

9. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Holy moly! I thought I was bad. Let's not ever be in a room all together! [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, this a.m. while checking a nest, I put my right palm down right in some runny poop on the bar, then on the way out the coop door, I tripped over a piece of wood that is nailed onto the floor to set a screen in when we want the human door open. Being off balance, I smashed my left shoulder into the door frame. I'm not a danger to the chickens, only to myself, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by