Put The Chicken Down

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MuckyPuppy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    We had a new chick hatch last night. I had to help it hatch because it pipped, partially zipped and then somehow turned upside down. It is so far an only chick as the one other egg in the incubator is iffy. Now, my husband refuses to put the chick down. Granted the chick is the cutest we've had yet but the chick will never learn anything if it is being held constantly.

Hubby's side: He says it's the chick that won't put him down! and yes she(?) will learn to walk, talk and dance. He has named it Titch.

2. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Awwwwe, sounds like your hubby has bonded!

3. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Yep, Never thought I would be jealous of a chick! [​IMG]

4. koda55533

koda55533 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2011
    aww that is soo cute! and I love the name by the way!

5. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    This is Titch. I'm holding her but I had to wrestle her from my husband first. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Mucky Puppy use to be my husband's nickname for me. Now he calls me the Pooper Scooper because of all the chicken poop I now scoop up everyday. Last picture of Titch.

[​IMG]

Notice the bandage on one of her feet. She had curled toes on that foot and that is how we are straightening it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  7. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:Thanks, I'll let hubby know. He is much better at picking out names than I am. When I was a 13 and my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother my mom and dad said that we (the sibs and I) could name him. I first wanted to call him Robin Hood. They wouldn't let me. But they let me use the second part of my second choice for his middle name. It was Arthur. Unfortunately they wouldn't allow me to use the King part. [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Who imprinted on whom?

That is one cute chick, though. I'd probably take her to work with me.

9. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:Thank you.

The pictures do not do her justice. Her fluff is not really like the fluff that our other chicks had. It is more like expensive velvet: short, thick, soft and softly shimmers in the light. She is very loving also. In the pic of her on the table (second photo - out of order), she was walking across the table to get to my hand which I had rested on the top. That is why in the first photo she is in my hand. She kept trying to get to us and we were worried she would fall off.

10. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Congrats...and can either of you let her sleep? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by