Putting Everyone Together??

tiffanyh

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Connecticut
Hello,
I know there are other forums on topics like this but I couldnt seem to find the answer to my questions so I am gonna ask here...

I have a buff you has 4 two week old chicks with her. She has been separateed since she started sitting from the other two reds she rooms with. The last three or four days I have been letting her free range with her babies while my reds were also out. Actually- it wasnt my intention but she broke free of the small enclosure I was trying to keep her in to let her get some exersice.

Anyway---since they were all free ranging well, I tried putting her back in with the reds in their pen with her babies. I waited a bit and sat in there with them, and no one seemed to care about the others presence.

Here is my ?'s; if they do fine until this evening, can I house them together tonight?? WIll they still hurt each other. Or should I put buff and baby back in their temp coop for the night.

Also, can my reds eat the medicated feed (For coccidia) with no harm?? I heard you can still eat the eggs on the medicated feed due to the type of medication it was, but will it hurt any immunity my adult chickens already have??

Back
Top Bottom