1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Putting in eggs later

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MaranDude, Apr 25, 2009.

1. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    I have about 8 eggs in my bator on day 16/17 right now, and so i can have a good laying amount. I need to know if it's okay to put in 6 new eggs while the other eight on day 16 are still in there.

2. JRT

JRT Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown
    I dont see a problem with it. We do it quite a bit and haven't had any problems with it. Thats just my opinion. [​IMG]

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Do you have a turner? I want to add some more soon but the eggs I have in there are on an auto turner and have to be taken out 3 days before the hatch.

4. JRT

JRT Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown
    Quote:Please just take into consideration this is what we do. I'm not saying it is right or wrong it is just what we do.When the hatching eggs has to quit turning we take the turner out and turn the other egs by hand and then when the first ar done hatching the turner goes back in. We just have a small bator and its kinda agravatting but it works.

5. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    thanks a lot. cause we didn't want chicks a month apart in age. thank you again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by