1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Putting tetracycline in the same bowl as sav-a-chick?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Fawkes, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Is it ok to put tetracycline and the sav-a-chick electrolyte/vitamin supplement in the same bowl of water? It won't dilute the tetracycline or have negative effects somehow?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I don't know - I think that question has been asked before but I don't recall the reply. I have lost track - who is ill?

3. Fawkes

Fawkes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Yeah I've tried searching and haven't found anything on it so haven't wanted to risk it messing up her antibiotics.
    It's my muscovy Junie that's ill. Looking back, I think she got a respiratory illness around the middle of February when here in Florida we were having wet, cold and windy weather. I didn't realize she was sick at first though, then I think I wasn't giving her a strong enough dosage of tetracycline (I started giving it to her on last Friday, I think) but now she's getting a strong enough dosage she's showing improvement. Today she actually took a bath using her water bowl and she had a solid (though still green) poop :)

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Well, that's sounding better. I hope she keeps getting better and is all over this soon. Many happy years together. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by