putting them in the LG tomorrow want to join me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by naakte, May 20, 2011.

1. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    I just finished candling 10 serama, 4 silkie and 2 BR.... not even a slight crack on any of them. I HIGHLY recommend Lisa from Aiken SC if you want eggs shipped USPS without being broken. my last clutch was from Lisa also and i got 5 little seramas born on Mothers day! Lisa is very very knowledgable about chickens if you have a question. she also makes an awesome goatmilk soap that smells awesome!! Tomorrow I will be putting them in the LG!!! anyone else want to join me !!
    Donna from Branson

2. Hi Donna! That's so sweet of you to say.
    I'll set tomorrow with you. I've got a Jersey Giant girl that's decided to be broody and some eggs I didn't set Thurs that I can set.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. autsie

autsie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    I am setting tomorrow evening if that will work. I too have had Lisa's eggs shipped although it was a few years ago. I was hoping for blue egg layers, and although I didn't get those, I did get a darling gray silky rooster who was with us until a few months ago and a beautiful Campine (sp) rooster of course [​IMG] who had to go to chicken heaven when he was mean to my girlies! In addition we had several more mixed hatch from her eggs and they have been great. We just cleaned out the coop and cleared out all the old girls to my BIL and are now bringing in the new blood. I had some bad luck with some BBS orps that were shipped and didn't develop, so I am setting 18 mixed orps from mjchicken in LaCenter. I get to pick them up tomorrow so no worries about shipping:) YEAH!! I am hoping for a great hatch and will have to go back to Lisa to see if I can get some blue egg layers again soon! She has beautiful birds and was a joy to work with . . . although she probably doesn't remember me;). Looking forward to hatching with you both!!

4. naakte

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    Quote:and then we were 3 Lisa you and me. I think it willl be fun. i added one more egg to my bator this afternoon [​IMG] I agree that Lisa is wonderful. How did you like her packaging job? omg she is great. Betcha Lisa will hook you up with what you are wanting [​IMG]
    I also raise chinese cresteds and have a mentor. Lisa reminds me of her lots. just tonight I had an important question and called her.... poor girl. but i think it is important to have others that know more helping those who know less. I also think that BYC is a wonderful place and I am glad I joined. I think it is a good idea to pick up eggs when it is possible. may we three have superior hatches!!!
    Donna in branson

5. autsie

Jun 22, 2008
    Thanks so much for letting me join you! I am soooo excited! I stopped and got my eggs today and set them when I got home:) I am sooo looking forward to the orp babies I will get! I look forward to learning lots from both of you seasoned experts as I am a newbie. I did love the packing job Lisa did! I think I would be tooo scared to pack eggs for fear they wouldn't work . . . but oh well I guess that is how it goes. Looking forward to see how our hatch goes!

6. Oh my goodness, Autumn! I sure do remember you. You got Ameraucana eggs back in summer '08 and they were duds. I never could find you again when I had replacements available (I'm sorry I didn't look hard enough). Are you ready now?
    I gave the broody JG a nest full of eggs --- 4 Am's, 2 JG, 1 PR, 3 Silkie, 3 NNGE, 7 frizz Cochin (I set a bunch in the incubator Thurs night, so not-so-much available).
    I just noticed I've got another Ameraucana girl gone broody. They are my only 'peck-ish' broody girls and I don't enjoy them being broody AT ALL.
    Donna, did you set the new Serama girls egg? The timing was perfect! You might as well go on and get that 2nd LG so you can do 'staggered hatches'.
    GOOD LUCK!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

7. naakte

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    Yup Yup i added that special egg Lisa.... I also made good use of some of that bubble wrap haha see photo!! My bator is an LG souped up of course!! I have decided not to candle until day 4 because i think I over candled my first clutch...... My candler is an old coffee can with a black sock over the hole haha hey it works well!!
    autumn, i am a newbie, you prob have more experience than me ..... this is only my second time hatching. what is an orph?

Hugs to both you girls Donna

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  8. autsie

Jun 22, 2008
    Lisa, I can't believe you remember me! I only have one bator going, so not ready for eggs right now, but I will definitely let you know! I really do want some blue egg layers. We are growing out some EE's from the farm store right now, but I enjoy hatching so much more and think the chicks tend to be more friendly since I am the first face they see ha ha ha [​IMG] Donna, I have 5 Orpington chicks right now that are 3 weeks old and I put 18 more mixed color orps into the bator yesterday, so we will see what I get out! I haven't had them before, but did some research and wanted hens that would be friendly and go broody often so I could hatch the natural way too! I really am excited to see what we will get out of our hatches. I am using an LG too (an old one my BIL gave me) that has a turner and a fan. Looking forward to talking to you both more!!

9. naakte

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    i want to also hatch the natural way when my big birds start laying Autumn !!!

10. autsie

Jun 22, 2008
    Donna, I love those little pullet eggs! It cracks me up how tiny they are! Yeah for you!!! Did you eat it? My girls always fight over getting the pullet eggs because they think it is cool that they are sooooo small! YEAH for eggs from home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by