Putting together a medicine chest

Apocalypse

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2018
Woodstock, Ontario
Well I'm new, and have a backyard flock of 10.
Short story is that several have begun sneezing and having sinus issues. So in my search across the forum here, I've run across many refrences to medicines and treatments... Tylan, blue coat, terramicin...
I was wondering if there were any suggestions for other items or products in putting together a medicine chest.
I'd rather have some of this on hand, and in searching for those 3 aforementioned items at TSC yesterday- I discovered that we have a law in Canada coming into effect on November 30th prohibiting the sale of a lot of medicines and antibiotics outside of veterinary prescription. The entire pharmaceutical section is basically discontinued.
So I want to know what useful things i should stock up on before November 30th. Where else can I find this stuff? TSC was cleaned out. The only thing I could find was something called Super Boost... it specifically mentioned chickens and respitory/sinus issues and contained penicillin.

Short story is that several have begun sneezing and having sinus issues. So in my search across the forum here, I've run across many refrences to medicines and treatments... Tylan, blue coat, terramicin...
I was wondering if there were any suggestions for other items or products in putting together a medicine chest.
I'd rather have some of this on hand, and in searching for those 3 aforementioned items at TSC yesterday- I discovered that we have a law in Canada coming into effect on November 30th prohibiting the sale of a lot of medicines and antibiotics outside of veterinary prescription. The entire pharmaceutical section is basically discontinued.
So I want to know what useful things i should stock up on before November 30th. Where else can I find this stuff? TSC was cleaned out. The only thing I could find was something called Super Boost... it specifically mentioned chickens and respitory/sinus issues and contained penicillin.
Hi Apocalypse,
there is a really good thread on here regarding same. I'll have a look and post the link for you.

Here you go!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/

Back
Top Bottom