Putting turner in old still air incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by THough1956, Feb 5, 2009.

1. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know you can buy automatic egg turners seprately for your still air incubators but how does that work? I know they need power to work, my incubator does not have a hole or anyway to run the cord out, do you wire it somehow? Anyone done this?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    What brand is your bator?..Little Giant, Hovabator? All you'd have to do is just make a notch in the back corner of the bator for the cord to run out the back of it. On GQF's website (https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/front.asp#) if you click on the rt in the column that list the Hovabator manuals, look at the pics & you'll see it's a simple little notch that you could make with a sharp knife. Hope that helps a little bit anyway. [​IMG]

3. THough1956

Don't know what kind it is. I bought it used years ago and just drug it back out last year. It is square but everything else looksthe same as the newer ones. I think I am goint to buy a turner and try it. what the heck!!

Thanks.[​IMG]

4. THough1956

ok. I went to my local farm store and bought a turner to go in my incubator. It fits perfectly and is working great.

5. tofuranch

tofuranch What Came First????

Dec 11, 2008
    that is great, I think that a turner is a big help in that it is such a time saver for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by