Putting up Christmas lights today! :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Nov 2, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yup, that's right. The Hallowe'en lights are coming down and the Christmas lights are going up. I have spent an hour repairing my string of C9s (which involved a trip to Target for replacement bulbs) and am about to put them up over the garage.

I promised my DH that I would wait until Thanksgiving was closer before putting up the tree.

Anyone else obsessed with holiday lights like me?

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

yes! I prefer the mini lights though and looking into led. I prefer putting the lights up now when its warmer and no snow on the ground so I'm not on a ladder which is on ice.

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I might them up tomorrow. I hate setitng them up on an Icy roof.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

My lights go up December 1st and come down December 26th. We're really wierd about the lights, too. They can only be the big, white bulbs (No colors! No icicles! No blinking lights!) and we always hang them in a taut line along the roof line. The bulbs MUST face downward!
    Then with the tree, I have gold and maroon decorations. The balls are gold, and the smallest go at the top of the tree, the biggest at the bottom. I have maroon and gold bows and maroon and gold ribbon. The tree skirt is maroon. I only use matching wrapping paper.
    I probably need to lighten up a bit! [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

ARGH! I can't even THINK of Christmas decorations yet. YIKES!

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Hey Carri,

Want a 1985 grand prix? Its maroon! Perfect for a decoration [​IMG]

7. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Quote:LOL, you sound a little like me! I can only have white lights on the house, although I will allow the icicles. NO blinking for me either.
    My Christmas trees are themed, I have three. One for the kids to do what they like, one themed I change out every year. My living room tree is formal Everything matches and the only thing that is added every year is a picture frame ornament which is labeled with the year (hoping to give them to the kids someday) Blue/green/silver only. And yes I only buy matching gift wrap. [​IMG]

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:No thanks. I won't be headed to Jersey any time soon. [​IMG]

9. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    wow... some on here really are tight...

10. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    We all have different ways of doing things, I tell my kids "if we were all the same it would be a pretty boring world wouldn't it."
    *edited to add, it may seem tight to you, but my world changes and we move every 2-3 years. I like to have great memories for my kids and the consistancy of doing the same thing has helped.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by