Jaxdrisc

Songster
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
MA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi All!
I have a BO that's a bit under the weather and getting worse. She stopped laying about 3 weeks ago. She had a mild case of bumble foot, which I successfully extracted and treated with no adverse effects. She continued to lay through 1/2 of that treatment, then stopped. Healing was very slow. Now, she has become anemic, with very pale wattles, comb, and around her eyes. She is more lethargic than normal. Last week, I treated her for 5 days with Safeguard, 1.5 ml and am due to repeat on the 17th. Not much improvement. I started dusting her for mites with garden dust 2 days ago. No other hens are showing symptoms, just her. She is still eating and drinking. This morning, I saw some head shaking, which wasn't there before. I was planning on cooking up some burger to help with the anemia, but other than that I am at a loss. I wonder about mites, but, when treating her for the bumble foot, I saw no evidence on me or the sheet following bandage change. I do have Wazine, and am wondering if I should dose the whole flock. If so, I know it is 30 ml/gal of water (I have 5 hens) but not sure on how long to treat the water. Otherwise, I would love any input y'all can give! She is a great head hen and I don't want to lose her, but she is steadily declining and #2 is closing in for the takeover! Thanks tons!

Going to add to this. She actually is barely eating. Refused the beef and anything I try to hand feed her. It is hotter than you know what today, and of the 5, she is walking around with her mouth open the most. Every time she bends down to peck to eat, she shakes her head. Gape worm??

Back
Top Bottom