PVC Electrical Conduit Coop Construction what is the roof made out of.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by johnscalido, Jul 21, 2010.

1. johnscalido

johnscalido Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Can anyone tell me what to use for the roof cover of this type of PVC Coop. Is the coop skeleton made entirely from PVC Electrical Conduit? What is used for the roof. Is it PVC Canvas cloth or something similiar.

2. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I've seen people use tarps for a roof over a pvc run.

3. johnscalido

Jun 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    You need to upload your picture for us to be able to see it [​IMG] . Look for the Uploads link at the menu bar near the top of the page.

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I never tried it, but when planning a hoop coop, I was thinking of using the PVC plastic panels, you know the corrugated plastic panels? They could curve around the coop's shape and last longer than tarps.

6. johnscalido

Jun 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. johnscalido

Jun 9, 2010
    Sorry about that guys. What happened to cut and paste. I have seen a similar pic on BYC some time ago. The top had a sort of roof cover made from PVC cloth or something. Does anyone have the pic.

8. johnscalido

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks NEvada ron. I eventually got to upload the pic. I did it before and I must have forgotten. To Zahboo cool website. I also have a NOKIA N900. Best phone known to mankind. Thanks to all of you for your advice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by