PVC Trellis Finally Blooming!!

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
I have waited all summer to have flowers on the trellis in the front yard! FINALLY!
100310Inbloomemial.jpg

Here is a close up, You can't see the flowers so good from far away.
10110Flowersonarchemail.jpg

Quote:
Here is a photo from August, you can see the PVC here...I had just taken out a bunch of the Morning Glories since they were taking over.

82810Afternoonarchemail.jpg

Very pretty. Is that morning glory & trumpet vine?

Imp- sadly fall is here, no more flowers just brown falling leaves

Quote:
Yep, those are the very ones!! We have a while yet before the leaves will turn. It is still in the 90's here during the daytime!!

Quote:
Yep, those are the very ones!! We have a while yet before the leaves will turn. It is still in the 90's here during the daytime!!

It's kinda funny. I have lots of vines in my yard. On the chainlink and trees. Every single one grows counter clockwise around my yard towards the morning sun, EXCEPT the trumpet vine.

Imp

Quote:

Do your chickens eat the leaves off the trumpet vine? Mine do, even though it's not their favorite kind of greens. I haven't found anything that suggests trumpet vine is toxic, but I've noticed that the poop a lot more if they have to be penned up all day and are given trumpet vine instead of something else.

Congratulations on your eggs. It's a wonderful thing to experience when they start laying, and you can eat their delicious, wholesome eggs!

Welcome to BYC wackyprofessor,
No my chickens do not get the chance to get to the trumpet vine. It's in the front yard, chickens are behind a fence in the back.
But they really don't eat any of the plants in the backyard. Maybe an occasional nibble is all.

Imp

I am so jealous. I love your arch, and the trumpet vine. I had one in the back yard, and unfortunately it was one of the fatalities when the deck had to be replaced. I am also jealous that you are still so warm. I am freezing here is Western Washington.

Back
Top Bottom