Pwer out MID HATCH! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sangel4you, Dec 26, 2009.

1. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    oh no everyone!!! All of my eggs pipped, 6 are out, and my power is out!!! Help I need suggestions! I havr hand warmers sitting on top of the eggs, and a big hand warmer for them all to lay on! Temp is down to 78 and humidity jumped to 82! :-( I also have blankets around the bator...it must have been out for close to an hour before I woke up...

2. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    PPL says at least another hr... I dont want to lose my babies nor do I want my pips to die!!!

3. hollyandty

hollyandty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    North Pole, Alaska
    If I were in your situation I would start my car and move myself and the eggs/hatched into the car with the heater on full blast. Or I would put them under my shirt. Do you have a battery backup for the computer? Or a power converter for the car to go from AC to DC?
    Just some thoughts.
    Good luck.

4. ripley

ripley Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2009
    you could try hot water bottles put 1 in the bottom of bator but wrap the one for the babbies in a towel so they dont get burnes

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    i had that happen to me I use a candle in the incubator to get the heat back tp 98 degree. see if i can post link to the post

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
  7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Considering you have a gas water heater.....

Find some plastic bottles that are small enough to fit in your incubator. Something like a sports water bottle or the like. Fill it with water that is as hot as you can get it. Cover the bottle with a sock or other thin but breathable material. Put the bottles in the incubator and wrap the entire thing with a blanket.

8. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    Oh no!!!! I am praying for you guys! Sounds like some really good suggestions from the other posters.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  9. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    I can't help but I can pray - so I will
    Keep us posted!
    Caroline

10. amyparrotflock

amyparrotflock Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    If you have a ten gallon aquarium and hot water, alternatively you could float a smaller 5 gallon aquarium in there, insulate the glass (blankets/towels) to help keep the heat up. I would NOT reccomend putting water in the bator out of personal experience with parrots- I would soak a sponge/rag just to make sure that I don't find a chick in the water (possibly dead)

alternatively, a hot water bottle may help as well [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by