Pyncheon Chickens - any additional info????

Fyrekitten

Songster
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
Rincon, GA
Hi!

I have a chance to purchase a pair of what I can tell so far is a rare breed of chicken. They are supposed to be a pure strain of Pyncheon Chickens with I believe the Mille Fleur look. They are of course Bantam sized. The hen may have just gone broody so I may have to wait until she's done to get the pair. The gal that has them is super nice and has a list of people that would like them but I am in the running for them and really would like them. However, I also would like some more info on them if anyone knows of anymore other than the brief page here on BYC.

If anyone has had any dealings with this breed please let me know-many thanks!

Fyrekitten:)

Thanks - I think I looked at them briefly but may have missed it! I know I went to efowl, ALBC and MyPetChicken to see what there was. I'll give feathersite a try! Thanks so much again!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Hi.....I've raised the breed for many years....I'm wondering where your new Pyncheons came from....? FYI....they should have red earlobes and willow colored legs....many don't. Watch for excessive white in the plumage and lopped combs in the males.....hope this helps.

Last edited:
I will speak to the gal tonight when I pick up my Bantam Cochins from her. I know that she only has one pair of Pyncheons' and they are in the accepted Mille Fleur color. She is very knowledgeable about chicken breeds and coloring so I am sure she'll be able to tell me more - she does realize that these are rare and I will ask her where she got them.

Thanks very much and I'll watch for the earlobes and comb you mentioned.

Thanks!

I talked to the gal today and she told me from Jim and I cannot remember his wife's name but I think it is Hink's/hinkle - actually the guy that wrote the article on BYC about them. She showed them to me today and the Roo is a great little 'Tudinal" guy and the hen is just as sweet as can be! Very nice looking and she has kept them in tip top shape. I am really hoping she decides to go with me on this pair because I would really like to get into breeding them. I actually just picked up a pair of bantam cochins from her tonight with the pullet being 7 mos and solid black and the roo (cockerel) being about the same age and he is a mottled black and just AMAZINGLY gorgeous and well formed and colored. I can hardly wait to see what their offspring will look like.

Thanks everyone for all you info and if anyone wants to add anything just let me know,

fyrekitten
Bridget Aikey

Are you buying them from Sheila in Texas....? I now she had said she had leg color issues....I've seen her photos .....cute birds even with white legs. Nice type and not too bad of color....esp. on her females. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Those names sound familiar but I cannot be sure. I will have to send pictures if I am the lucky winner of them. Carrie is being very particular that they go to good homes. They definitely have the Willow colored legs - almost like a pale straw color right? Not a lot of white but as they are still young I think - about a year and will still be maturing in color I would think. Very Dainty birds and she did say that they were specifically from a Pyncheon Breeder. The Gal I may get them from is here in NY.

Hope everyone's staying safe in this awful weather and traumatic World events!
big_smile.png

My 10 year old daughter has Pyncheons, they are very sweet little birds. Her stock came through Jody, who is no longer breeding them. Leg cloror and flopping combs are a problem. Most of her birds legs are pale straw colored legs whcich are not correct but we stil love them.

Back
Top Bottom