Pyr litter referral request

walkswithdog

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
Having lost Naga, I am going to look for another Pyr. She was a fantastic puppy, despite her illness you could tell so much about the breed. I'm totally enamored. I need to move on and honor her by staying with the breed.

How much do you want to spend?

Also, where are you and how far are you willing to drive?

The breeder I got my Pyr from is AWESOME. Don't know if she has any Pyr litters planned this year, but she primarily breeds for show dogs--the ones that don't have the outgoing personality to be a show dog, she sells as pets/working dogs. So the price is, you know, expensive, but her dogs have incredibly good personalities and excellent health.

She is near Buffalo NY. And, I warn you, she DOES give the Spanish Inquisition to potential buyers. You'll be on the phone for hours, and then you do an in-person interview for hours. It's a process. But Charlie was worth every minute and every penny. He's a fabulous dog. Most of her dogs do end up with working titles or championships.

WalksWithDog (Cher, isn't it?) I have a total of 13 pups at the moment, from 2 different litters. They are 3/4 Pyr, 1/4 Maremma. I would be more than honored to offer you one free of charge. I cannot think of anyone on earth I would rather see one of my dogs go to. However, I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. I know puppies can be shipped by air, but I have no idea what the cost would be. If you would like to explore this option, feel free to PM or email me.

As strange as this sounds.......
Go to goat shows. You will find people there with LGD, some of them will have new litters or coming litters. And I like buying from pet owners better than buying from professional breeders. They just seem to treat the dogs as pets rather than numbers with a price tag. Plus you have the advantage of finding a dog in your own area rather than needing to have one shipped.
I think one or more of the posters here has some if you live near them.

All my LGD were purchased from other farmers and goat owners or sheep owners I met at shows.

Last edited:
Cher
hugs.gif
! I JUST saw this post, and I swear I had a strong feeling earlier from looking at Naga's pictures that a puppy was in your immediate future.

wee.gif

How wonderful!!!!!!

I'm looking locally, but considering out of state breeders.

I think from Canada importing at this time would be a few to several hundred dollars. After 9/11 there were some very difficult regulations and air routing changes to dog shipping. I got my first service dog Tanis, from Canada, before 9/11.

Unfortunately I moved to TN and routing a pup to here from Canada is probably both large in cost and would require an overnight in an airport kennel which isn't nice to a baby puppy.

You know what scares me locally? That I might end up buying from the farmer/breeder of Naga and end up with the same heartache all over again. Because the vets think what she had was probably genetic. Paying that ass for a second defective puppy would kill me.

I will take the show breeder's name please. We've been looking at the few we can find on the internet. Laura and I both are having trouble getting past losing this one. I can hardly breathe.

This is Laura's diary of it on KOS http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/2/22/215233/772?detail=f

Hers
mentions some of our others and shows more of our whole story. But given that she posted that in the middle of last night... Pretty obvious I'm not alone in my grief.

hugs.gif
Oh I am so glad you are going to give another puppy a wonderful home! I live in Mississippi and we just got a puppy from a goat farm. I was very impressed with the breed. I am probally to far in southern Ms for you to contact this breeder but if you are intrested I can send you thier number. I know they are expecting a litter soon and it will be the last for the year.

Sampson:
pups031.jpg

newpup015.jpg

sorry the pics are so big. I couldn't find a way to edit them
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom