*Q: What kills a ringworm???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Jun 23, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* My newly independent sons are having a crisis. One of them got bit by a spider a while ago and now says he has a ringworm from the bite. I haven't dealt with a ringworm in some time and I don't recogize these newer named meds. WHAT WORKS???

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Is he positive it is ringworm and not dead tissue sloughing off the wound? A spider bite leaves a round target like depression/red or dark spot, or necrotic looking tissue like a bull's eye. Is there any chance he could be mistaking that for ringworm? Ringworm itself is a fungus that is highly contagious and very irritating. Any pharmacist should be able to direct you to an OTC antifungal, and there are lots of home remedies he might want to try as well. I've heard ACV (apple cider vinegar) is one of the best off the shelf remedies out there. Whatever it is, I hope healing is manifested soon! :) Regards, crtrlovr

3. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    There is a cream you can at the drug store.

4. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
  5. sunshineinsc

sunshineinsc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    columbia,sc
    You can use Lotrimin or any athlet's foot cream or spray.

6. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Crushed mustard seed in olive oil. Make into a paste. I used this on my son and it worked like a charm

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Get a Terbinafine Hydrochloride creme from the store.

8. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* The spider bite is healed up. NOW he has a slightly raised line going in a squiggle up a little from where the spider bite was. I know there are a lot of creams, just not familiar with all the latest ingredients. Morel, the mustard oil sounds great. I WOULD use that if I were able to keep an eye on it myself. . . . But, nowadays, I can't. [​IMG]

9. Sparklecoon

Sparklecoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Doesn't sound like ringworm, we had an unfortunate situation with a kitten brought home a couple years ago who harbored that fun lil fungus. Tea tree oil works wonders (topical, ingested by mouth can be poisonous)!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by