Quad of Exchequer Leghorns SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DFCottage, Nov 30, 2011.

1. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    Birds have sold, thank you.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. woody743

woody743 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Franklin Ohio
    WOW, I would love to have these. I wish you were closer. I love this breed. Beautiful birds

3. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Do these lay as well as a white leghorn?

4. aceschix

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Can you tell me the pros and cons of why you decided to down size this breed?

5. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    These are still young girls, so their eggs have been here and there, and would be considered medium sized right now. The eggs I hatched most of them from were large sized. Their eggs won't be the massive size of a production white leghorn, but the ones I've gotten so far have been nice. Once these short days pass I think they'll really pick up.

The reason I decided to find a good home for these birds is because I had the opportunity to taken on 2 new breeds, which were from two excellent breeder's stock. I just couldn't say no.. they were breeds I had been wanting for some time and wasn't in a rush to get because I wanted the best of what I could find. The exchequers were a fairly new breed I had added to my farm, so I decided to let these go and stick with what I had previously as well as what I was getting in new. It was through no fault of their own such as a mean roo or being not good examples of the breed, it was just a choice of what I wanted to keep here [​IMG] The roos are well behaved and they are all from an excellent breeder of this variety.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

6. aceschix

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I can not come up with a way to get them here...otherwise I would be all over it.

Maybe you should keep them until January and ship me a BIG bunch of eggs [​IMG]

I wish you luck...someone is going to get a wonderful deal!

7. aceschix

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    But I did come by to visit them again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by