Quadline skates

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HarlansHollowFarms, Mar 5, 2009.

1. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    OK, I know I am a little [​IMG] but, my granddaughter is coming out for the summer and I bought her a freestyle bike, so, I was thinking about get myself a pair of rollerskates. I have being looking online and have found some called quadline, they appear similar to inline skates but with the two extra wheels I need.
    *we really don't want to talk about my inline experiences*
    Has anyone used these?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have not so let me know how they are because I cannot balance for the life of me on inline skates.

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I don't know about those newfangled skates [​IMG] I prefer my wheels to be in 2 rows of 2.

Okay, so maybe I am showing my age. I tried inline skates once, and only once!

4. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Yes, me too. These new skates are 2 rows of two, but the wheels are thinner and larger, I think! They are suppose to give you more stability and less jarring on the street!

5. mountaintopchicken

mountaintopchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    I bought Skorpion MultiTerrain Quad skates .

[​IMG]

The reason I got them, is that in the winter I skijor with my dog. That's where you put your dog in a harness, attach a line to the harness, and attach the other end of the harness to yourself (I have a whole setup I bought with a belt the lines hooks into) and have the dog (mine is 110 lbs) pull you on cross country skis.

I wanted something for spring/summer/fall that would give me the excitement of skijoring when there was no snow.

I find I am able to use them out in our hayfield (I don't go through the field when the grass starts getting long though) but on our dirt road they are almost unbearably bumpy - my whole body vibrates. That is when I am getting pulled, though, under your own steam, not going down hill, I guess it would just be slow.

Edited to add: I notice you have aussies... If you really want some fun, buy these, strap them on, then attach yourself to a whole passel of aussies - and away you go! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:That is a good idea....how are they at staying on your feet? I like the idea of easy on and off using your own shoes.
    Also, how are they in terms of support? Do your ankles twist? Remember, I am getting older, these things may be improtant!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If those things weren't so darned expensive I would buy some. I like the big wheels!!!

8. mountaintopchicken

May 23, 2007
    Quote:I used my sneakers with them, and had no problem with them staying on my feet. You could wear high-top sneakers with them for support. My ankles didn't twist. BUT. I am not a quad skate superhero. And my dog is my babysitter - he knows I'm barely keeping on top of my skates, and keeps looking worriedly back at me to see if I'm still vertical. When I go wobbly and start yelling whoaaaaa! he stops. So what I'm trying to say is I have not gone very fast on them yet. Honestly I think it will take me a long time to develop the skills to use them in a truly multi-terrain way, like over tree roots and around trees and over rocks.

I've never been great on skates, ice, roller or whatever, so I don't know how easy it would be for someone who was good on them to transition to these. I think there is a video on the Skorpion website of someone zooming around on them, or there was back when I was looking into buying them.

But, for heading out with your granddaughter, esp. on someplace paved or at least smooth, they might do the trick. Best thing would be to find a store that sells them nearby so you can try them first.

I was kind of kidding about the passel of aussies - unless you are a quadskate superhero -then zooooooooom!

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Try bikejoring in the summer. I haven't done skijoring, but our family all loves to go bikejoring. You won't feel the bumps nearly as much [​IMG] .

10. mountaintopchicken

May 23, 2007
    Try bikejoring in the summer.

Yes, that would have been more sane. I actually did do some bikejoring. A scooter would be good too. But I thought I wanted some degree of insanity for interest's sake - it wasn't exciting enough around here, I guess [​IMG].​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by