Quail and Chickens.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by FriendlyFlyer, Jul 18, 2011.

1. FriendlyFlyer

FriendlyFlyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm curious, if I added a few quail to my flock of 9 chickens how would they do? Can you put Quial with chickens? Please give me advie on that subject, and if they absolutely can't be together could you give me tips on raising the quail seperately? Thanks for your answers!

2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I think that there should be a sticky about keeping quail with chickens [​IMG]

3. Mek

Mek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:plus polar bears...

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:plus polar bears...

I'd actually rather keep my quail with polar bears than with chickens... [​IMG] less chance of death!

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I would go with the coke cola [​IMG]

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:I would go with the coke cola [​IMG]

ME TOO IT MIXES WITH MY BEAM BETTER... I WAS MORE AFTER THE "TAN" EFFECT THAN THE SODA CHOICE...

8. LivingRootsFarm

LivingRootsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Samsula
    Quote:This is too cute (even though I am more of a Coke drinker too)....if I have learned one thing from this forum is too NOT ask if quail and chickens can live together! LOL. I wouldn't want to put them together anyways. Obviously because of the disease problems. But chickens are bigger and eat a different feed. The housing for my chickens and quail are completely different. I have the chickens ranging in a 50' x 50' area of electric fence. I have my coop as the "hub" with a range coop that I move around with the fencing. I have raccoon and hawk problems. The electric fence takes care of the raccoons (and keeps my dogs away) and the range coop provides additional shelter from the hawks while they are ranging. The quail are located about 150' away from the chickens. They are in raised wire cages that are about 4' x 4' in size. Hope this helps...and read the link that JJ posted.

9. FriendlyFlyer

FriendlyFlyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Well I appreciate ONE of you at least telling me it's not a good idea, I truly don't appreciate the way others went about telling me no. I DID ask at the bottom of my post, if they couldn't be together than how could I care for quail seperately. It was a mere question, but thanks for making me feel like I asked the one dumb question to ever ask, even though you all say there are no dumb questions. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by