quail cage

AZ Birds

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
i was finally able to finish my quail cage after getting back from a hunting trip. i think it came out pretty good. it is 7ft long and 3ft wide has hardware cloth on front and bottom has 4 doors (2 on sides 2 big ones in back) a divider in the middle to keep my female new zealand rabbit on one side and my 6 female and 1 male quail on the other. going to build a new cage just like this for my rabbit and a male rabbit i will purchase later but for the time being thing are going good between the quail and rabbit. has anyone ever had the same set up and had problems with rabbit and quail getting sick from each other or anything like that?

thanks you. yeah thought about that to and that is why i put the big doors in the back for easy cleaning and to get eggs i cant reach. so far all the eggs that have been laid right next to the little door on the side. i got the wire pretty cheap from at wayfair.com and it only came in 36 inch x 100ft rolls or 48 inch x 100ft rolls for $86 which includes shipping and every store near me wanted $120-$140 for same amount and size. i think ill have enough to do my chicken coop (so the **** wild birds wont get my chickens sick again) and maybe another cage like this.

I might try to do something very similar to this.

Question--what's the optimal depth for such a cage, if 3' is too wide?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom