Quail Chick Colors

TheLaboratoryBF

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2015
Central Valley, California
Hi all, looking for some help from the experts on what color(s) I may have in my recent hatch...I'm fairly certain I have (will have) quite a few tuxedos, but not sure about the lighter colored chicks...thanks!

quail chicks 1.jpg
quail chicks 2.jpg
quail chicks 3.jpg

@Nabiki and @Kiki should definitely be able to help. I mainly only deal with jumbo wilds but my buddy wanted to get a few quail for fresh eggs and he has a little 5 year old girl so I ordered a mixed color batch from myshire so they would have different color birds that she could name. Here's them as chicks.....

20200430_220823.jpg

And here's some of them as adults. I'm not 100% sure what the colors are but these are my favorites....

20200601_192936.jpg

20200601_192758.jpg

20200601_192717.jpg

20200601_192559.jpg

I'm sure somebody will help you with your colors shortly....

Last edited:
The lighter, striped ones will probably be pharaoh, the ones with eyebrows and no stripes on the top of their heads will be Tibetan and Rosetta most likely, and the ones with solid yellow bellies will be tuxedo versions of those colors. On the last photo for example, the third one up on the right, next to the food, and the one alone on the left next to the food look like they will more lean towards Tibetan, and the other eyebrow ones n the pic have the red tint of Rosetta.

The littlest one in the top pic looks like it will be a lighter color, I’m not great with the red varieties, but maybe darker than cinnamon, but lighter than Rosetta.

@Fenrisulfr is pretty good at this sort of thing, but I think Kale da quail has given good examples, the striped ones will look like the top, the majority of the others will resemble the bottom, with varrying amounts of white.

Last edited:
@Nabiki and @Kiki should definiety be able to help. I mainly only deal with jumbo wilds but my buddy wanted to get a few quail for fresh eggs and he has a little 5 year old girl so I ordered a mixed color batch from myshire so they would have different color birds that she could name. Here's them as chicks.....

View attachment 2172317

And here's some of them as adults. I'm not 100% sure what the colors are but they these are my favorites....

View attachment 2172324

View attachment 2172325

View attachment 2172327

View attachment 2172329

I'm sure somebody will help you with your colors shortly....
I love that black and white one!

Back
Top Bottom