Quail chick feed UK

Tanira2

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
Hello, I'm looking for advice on what to feed my quail chicks. I read game bird starter but I'm struggling to find anything online that I can order. Any advice would be hugely appreciated as this is becoming more of a struggle than I thought it would be.

Hey, I'm in the UK too. We're going to feed them mixed grains from https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk and mix in things like meal worms to increase the protein. But you could try the organic feed company, maybe use the chick crumb and add something extra for protein.

Last edited:
Do you ground up the meal worm and what else would you suggest for protein?

You could grind it up, but basically any insects are good for protein. The mix we're going to use is: 5kg organic wheat grain, 5kg raw barley grain ,5kg oat groats, 5kg hulled millet, that's about 13% protein, and then we're adding meal worms, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc.. which are all high in protein (but also fat so don't give too many). Plus other things, I don't have a list right now, but if you google high protein seeds and grains you should find some info. We're mixing it to about 23% protein, and they're going to have an outdoor pen, so they can dig up insects and such.

Oh and we're also sprouting some of the seeds and grains.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom