1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail chick that won't move

Discussion in 'Quail' started by HillBillyFL, Mar 27, 2017.

1. HillBillyFL

HillBillyFL Just Hatched

Mar 18, 2017
    I just got some coturnix quail chicks and one that has been acting a little weak is now just not moving yet still alive and making noise. I don't know what to do help please

2. lomine

lomine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2015
    Peyton, CO
    Make sure it is warm enough but not too hot. Should shot for around 95 degrees for the first few days, then 90 for the rest of their first week, then drop by 5 degrees each week.

If you have nutri-drench, electrolytes, or honey put some in the water (dissolved). Even plain sugar will work if you don't have any of those.

1 person likes this.
  3. mandalorian

mandalorian Just Hatched

Jan 21, 2017
    NSW, Australia
    is it thinner/lighter than the others? does it have runny poo? either way, try to feed it separately for a few days because the others may bully it to the food, just make sure it eats and definitely try sugar/honey water to perk it up as Lomine suggested [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. BobDBirdDog

BobDBirdDog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Tennessee
    There's usually a weakling or 3,4, 5... in every batch, but also listen to the others advice as well.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by