Quail Chicks Hatching

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Robo, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    So I am sitting by the bator listening to them chirp. Anybody wanna help keep me busy while I wait? I can't keep my hands off the bator. I love it every time chicks hatch. It never gets old even though I have a hatch about every week.[​IMG]

2. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Im having the same exact problem as you!Its the end of day 14 and I swear I see a couple of eggs twitchen though it could just be my imagination [​IMG] .How much do you think would be good to sell quail eating eggs?My dad owns a stand at farmers market and I can sell eggs there.I already made a sheet on why to eat them and im gonna be bringing some for show.

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    That's why my incubators are far away from the house [​IMG]

4. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Last year I would sit for hours and keep an eye on them. this year they are in their own room and I go in and check the numbers. I do all my adding eggs and moving eggs to the hatcher and candling at night. During the day I just check on the numbers. I've managed to break myself from hovering. I do still tend to open the bator to see if there are any pips. It's just a quick glance though. [​IMG]

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Just send me all the little girl chickies. [​IMG]

6. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    My quail are laying like crazy. I already have another bator full ready to be put in tomorrow. I guess I'm a hatchohaulic.[​IMG]

7. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:I have some eggs I was holding back for somebody that now don't want to start quail right now. [​IMG]

8. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    ROFL Oh, no. I'm not putting any more in my 'bator for now. I am going to wait and see how many girls I got this time. (It's 9. I swear it. They are ALL girls.)

9. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    You just can't win as far as roosters to hens go. One batch I have all hens, and the next is 12 roosters and 9 hens.

10. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    When I had Bob Whites I hatched out 17 in a batch, well, that made it. I did process some but they where hens. I had 3 roos out of all those BW's. My second batch was the same number with the same amount of hens. The cortunix I get lots of roos. Hardly any hens. My goldens I had 4 hens out of 30 birds. It's the other way around with the Jumbo Brown's. I have no idea whith the A & M's just yet. One laid her first egg today but I have no idea which one it was. I watch them but nothing happens. I may have a cage full of hens. [​IMG] I just need 1 good roo. There are some white goldens in that pen also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by